Fort Aguada is an epitome of Portuguese architecture built in the 17th century. Its lighthouse and the fort itself have braved the ravages of time and stand like silent sentinels on the Sinquerim Beach and overlooks the confluence of Mandovi River and the Arabian Sea.
The Basilica of Bom Jesus church is is known for its exemplary baroque architecture. Built in the year 1594, the building of this church coincides with the beginning of Christianity in India. The oldest church in Goa, Basilica of Bom Jesus holds the remains of St. Francis Xavier.
Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception is possessed of a singularly distinctive appearance due to the double flights of steps that zigzag across the hillside on which it is built. True to its name, the façade of this church is painted an immaculate, sparkling white.
Old Goa is a World Heritage site housing some of the most historically significant churches. Among these are the imposing Sé Cathedral, the Church of St Francis of Assisi, the Chapel of St Catherine, the Church of St Cajetan, the Chapel of St Anthony and the ruins of the Tower of St Augustine’s Church.
The fort overlooks the Chapora river and has another interesting name: ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ Fort because a Bollywood film with this title was shot back here in 2001. The fort is famous among Nirvana seekers, photo fanatics, nature lovers and adventure seekers.